Κυριακή 16 Νοεμβρίου 2014

PSG’s Thiago Silva angry at Neymar for taking Brazil captaincy off him [Quotes]

PSG star Thiago Silva was until recently captain of both his club and his country.

Advertisement

The Brazilian defender is “annoyed” at Neymar and others in the Brazil set-up for not telling him they were stripping him of the captaincy.

Neymar was handed the captain’s armband by new Brazil boss Dunga whilst Thiago Silva is currently unable to get into the Brazil XI ahead of Miranda and David Luiz.

With Neymar aged only 22, Thiago Silva claimed age is important for the role of captain. Not a happy bunny.

“He [Neymar] didn’t come and speak to me. No one did. That’s what’s annoying. I can’t pretend I’m happy.”

“I can’t tell you I’m happy about what happened, because I’m not. It’s a sad moment, but it’s part of football. It’s painful but I’ll still do my job.”

“The first time Robinho offered me the captain I refused because I thought there were other more deserving colleagues for reasons of old age, such as Dani Alves.”

“Then, when it was Mano Menezes (then coach of the national team) asking me if I wanted to wear it, I said yes.”